Tuesday, March 17, 2009

more than optimism

yesterday while listening to the radio a natalie grant song came on and one of the lines caught my attention. "more than my optimism" wow. all my good intentions and conjuring up a great attitude will never do justice to the power of God. i can think good things but ultimately i am weak and soon enough the negative thoughts will creep into my mind.

however, God's grace is not dependant upon my optimistic outlook. i don't have to muster up the desire for God to provide - He will and He has.

what i must do is focus on my Provider.

i don't have to force my heart into believing in His love. He chose to love me long before i ever chose Him.

it's up to me to live in His love.

this concept is a life-changer. i don't have to put on a fake smile. i don't have to have false ideas about this world and it's darkness.

this is grace.

No comments: