Wednesday, June 9, 2010

all the way my Saviour leads me


last week i was hiking with my husband in maine. it was lovely. it was hard work for me. the first day we hiked on a well travelled trail. on the second day of hiking we took off on a less popular trail. it was foggy and rainy. there were no people around. it was just us, a trail map, and the cairns to follow. we scrambled on rock and we kept climbing higher. and each time i thought we could not possibly go any further my eyes caught sight of another silly pile of rocks. someone had been there before. someone carefully piled stones to guide my steps. it was windy and i was frightened of losing my step, of losing my way, of losing the comfort of shelter.

Take me by the hand;
Lead me down the path of truth.
You are my Savior, aren't you?

Mark the milestones of your mercy and love, God;
Rebuild the ancient landmarks [psalm 25 - the message]

and so now at home again i walk a path. and just when i think - this is it, i must be at my destination - i must travel further. i am thankful for the piles of stones - the promises of peace, of hope and a life abundant. i am thankful for a faithfulness that never leaves me wander on my own.

No comments: